- Arizona Business Bankruptcy Information
- Arizona Personal Bankruptcy Information
- Finances and Debt
- Life After Bankruptcy
- Mortgages and Foreclosure Prevention in Arizona
- Common Questions About Chapter 13 Bankruptcy
- 7 Mistakes to Avoid When Filing for Bankruptcy in Arizona
- Will Arizona Bankruptcy Affect My Security Clearance?
- Form 1099-C and Debt Forgiveness in Arizona
- New Mortgage Modification Program Coming to Arizona
Monthly Archives: October 2010
I get contacted almost every week by people who were attempting to do a mortgage modification (also known as loan modification) through their mortgage company, but ended up losing their house to foreclosure.
It’s a similar situation in every case: the homeowner is behind on his or her mortgage payments, and the mortgage company threatens or even starts foreclosure proceedings. In an effort to save the house, the homeowner contacts the mortgage company, and is told that he or she may qualify for a mortgage modification, but that she needs to complete an application, provide financial information, and then wait for this information to be reviewed by the mortgage company.Read More