- Will Bankruptcy Affect My Security Clearance?
- Form 1099-C and Debt Forgiveness
- New Mortgage Modification Program Coming to Arizona
- How to Restore Your Credit After Bankruptcy
- Can Business Bankruptcy in Tucson Help You Stay in Business?
Monthly Archives: November 2015
The Consumer Financial Protection Bureau (CFPB) recently sanctioned two of the largest debt collectors for deceptive and abusive debt collection practices. The two entities are Portfolio Recovery Associates and Encore Capital Group, Inc. Encore’s subsidiaries are Midland Funding LLC, Midland Credit Management, and Asset Acceptance Capital Corp. These entities buy delinquent or charged-off debt from […]Read More
In a recent decision, the 9th Circuit Court of Appeals expanded the mortgage interest deduction, effectively doubling the deduction limits for unmarried co-owners. The decision has important implications for individuals with very high mortgage debt, and also for those who take out second mortgages on their homes. Read on to find out more. The tax […]Read More